In the simplest possible terms, cropping a video just involves deleting part of its frame. While that may sound really straightforward and unexciting, the fact of the matter is that cropping is actually one of the most useful ways in which you could learn how to edit your video.
When you crop a video youre directly going to alter its frame, which is why professionals use it all the time. Not only will you be able to remove parts that arent wanted, but more importantly you can alter the focus of the viewer by re-framing the main elements more effectively.
If you want to get started and try to crop a video, the easiest way is by using Movavi Video Editor. To learn how to crop a video with it, just follow these steps:
- Click Add Media Files and select the video that you want to crop.
- Click the video in the Timeline and open up the Tools tab.
- Find and expand the Crop list.
- Resize and position the rectangle that appears in the Preview window to define the new frame that you would like for your video. If you want the video to have the same aspect ratio, check the Constrain proportions box.
- When youre satisfied, click Apply to crop the video and then Export to save it.
Not only is it that easy to crop videos with Movavi Video Editor, but because you will be able to visually see the results of the new frame you should be able to do so much more effectively. It may take some getting used to at first, but soon enough youll find that youre able to markedly improve how the main elements of your video are framed.
Alongside cropping your video, you should also take advantage of the other features in Movavi Video Editor. By using them you could enhance the video quality, cut and combine video segments, insert personalized text, add background music or voiceovers, apply special effects and filters, as well as include animated transitions between scenes.
Having all of these options right there at your fingertips should let you tweak and edit your video to your hearts content. In time you may even want to use Movavi Video Editor to produce video content of your very own that you can publish online or share on social media.