Established in 2001, IIT Roorkee is one of the best engineering colleges that the country has to offer. Situated in Roorkee, Uttrakhand this college is UGC recognized. The campus provides with world-class amenities that any top engineering college provides.
The Facilities Provided by the College are:
- Boys Hostel
- Girls Hostel
- IT Infrastructure
Total faculty in the college are 425 faculty, with a student teacher ration as 15:1, i.e. for every 15 students there is one teacher. The numbers of courses that are offered by this college are a total of 65. Where 12 are under graduate and rest, 53 are post graduate courses.
The Number of Seats Available for the Under Graduate Courses are:
- Electrical Engineering : 140
- Civil Engineering : 135
- Chemical Engineering : 110
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering : 110
- Mechanical Engineering : 80
- Computer Science Engineering : 75
- Electronics and Communication Engineering : 75
- Industrial and Production Engineering : 60
- Biotechnology Engineering : 45
- Others : 110
Some of the Post Graduate Course Intake is as follows:
- Civil Engineering : 186
- Electrical Engineering184
- Mechanical and Industrial Engineering : 174
- Environmental Engineering : 134
- Chemical Engineering : 112
- Electronics and Communication Engineering : 96
- Pulp and Paper Technology : 76
- Civil and Structural Engineering : 67
- Computer Science Engineering : 54
- Others : 264
For you to be a student of IIT Roorkee you have to pass the JEE Advanced exam for under graduate courses. IIT Roorkee Cutoff is taken into account for admissions into B. Tech. courses.
Many alumni form IIT Roorkee have made a mark, and set a standard for the college.
Some of the Notable Alumni are:
- Ajit Gupta : CEO and Founder, Aryaka Networks, Inc.
- Anupam Prakash : President and CEO, Andrade Gutierrez S.A.
- Anuj Dua : Astt. General Manager, Hero MotoCorp Ltd.
- Ankur Prakash : Vice President New Growth and Emerging Management, Wipro
- Amit Agarwal : Founder, Digital Inspiration
The Fee Structure of IIT Roorkee is:
- Caution Money (One Time, Refundable) 3,000/-
- One Time Fees 3,400/-
- Tuition Fee (per semester) 1,00,000/-
- Other Fees (per semester) 4,600/-
- Annual Fees 380
Hence, making it a total fee of Rs. 1,11,380/- however, one also has to pay the hostel fee if required which is Rs. 23,000/-. But there is a waiver of 100% tuition fee for SC/ST/PH students. Further a full remission of tuition fee for general and OBC students whose family is earning less than Rs. 1 lakh per year. For general and OBC students whose family income is between Rs. 1 Lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per year gets a remission of 2/3rd of the tuition fee.
For post graduate courses such as M. tech. one has to pass the GATE and CEED exam.
Some of the Top Recruiting Companies are:
- Boston Analytics
Some of the Awards and Ranking of IIT Roorkee are:
- Ranked 6th among “Top 100 Engineering Institutes for Research and Teaching”
- Ranked 4th by India Today
- Ranked 66th in Asain University ranking
Some of the well-known faculties of this college are: Mrs. Pushplata, Mr. R. Prasad, Mr. Vijay Kumar Agarwal, Mr. Deepak Kashyap, Dr. M.L.Sharma. IIT Rookee also has its own research and academic centers. These centers allow the students to excel in their own fields.
The Academic Centers that are Offered are:
- Alternate Hydro Energy Center
- Center for Continuing Education
- Institute Instrumentation Center
- Intellectual Property Rights Cell
- Institute Computer Center
IIT Roorkee also has collaborations with many international and national universities and companies for training purposes.
Some of the Companies are:
- University of Alberta, Canada
- The University of British Columbia, Canada
- Huchschule Fur Technik und Wirtschaft – University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Voitj Hydro, Germany
- Himalayan Institute Hospital Trust, Dehradun
More than a 100 offers come for the summer placement of the students of IIT Roorkee. The average package that an IIT Roorkee student can grab is Rs. 9.17 lakhs per annum, with a total number of 81 offers mostly everyone in the college gets placed.