If you are appearing for OJEE 2017 exam we have covered everything that you need to know. Odisha Joint Entrance Exam (OJEE) is a state level entrance examination conducted by the education department of the state government of Odisha.
This exam is required for entrance in various courses be it private and government of Odisha. Students that clear this exam are eligible to be admitted in medical, engineering and management institutions of Odisha.
To be specific, students can secure course as a first-year degree after clearing OJEE 2017 in homeopathy, Ayurveda, pharmacy and integrated MBA. Through OJEE students can also pursue technology, pharmacy, MCA and other lateral engineering courses. Other courses that can be opted through OJEE 2017 are M.Tech, M.Pharma, M.Arch, M.Plan. Every year thousands of students appear for OJEE exam and there is a lot of competition. But with a strategic approach, practice and good use of time, it is possible to efficiently crack it.
OJEE 2017 Important Dates:
The application for OJEE 2017 exam will be available online on their official site from 30th January 2017 and the exam is scheduled to be conducted on 14th May 2017. The other important dates are as follows:
|OJEE 2017 application form availability||30 January 2017|
|OJEE 2017 last date of application submission||10 March 2017|
|OJEE 2017 availability of Admit Card||20 April 2017|
|OJEE 2017 exam date||14 May 2017|
|OJEE 2017 exam announcement||07 June 2017|
|OJEE 2017 start of counselling||23 June 2017|
– Students should have a certificate that states they are born in Odisha.
– Students seeking admission in Bachelor courses should have complete the age of 17 years as on 31st December 2016. There is no age barrier for Masters, Integrated MBA or Pharmacy courses.
– Students planning to take admission in B.E, B.Tech, B.Pharma, B.Plan must pass 10+2 examination in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology with a minimum of 45% marks.
– Students planning to take admission in BAMS and BHMS must pass 10+2 examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology with a minimum of 50% marks.
– For those who are planning to do MBA a bachelor’s degree is required, which can be in any stream. The minimum marks for eligibility is 50% but for ST and SC it is reduced to 45%.
– Aspirants for MCA course must have a degree in BCA/ B.SCIT/B.SCCS with mathematics as one of the subjects in 10+2 exam. The minimum marks for eligibility is 50% but for ST and SC it is reduced to 45%.
– Those seeking admission in M.Tech/ M.Pharm/ M.Arch M.Plan should have a degree in their concerned subject with 45% marks for ST and SC and 50% marks for the rest.
– Students who want to be enrolled in an Integrated MBA program must pass 10+2 exam with a minimum of 45% marks in any subject. Those under ST and SC quote can apply with 40% marks.
OJEEE 2017 exam is not conducted online. It is a pen and paper based examination. This exam is conducted in three different shifts depending on the course chosen by the candidate. The language of exam is only English. The scoring pattern and paper defers for different courses so it is important for candidates to go through the scoring pattern carefully. The number of question depends on the course but the exam is divided into two sessions, which is one hour and two-hour long. All the questions asked are Multiple Choice. Each question carries four marks. So, for every correct answer the candidates receive 4 marks and for every wrong question they receive one negative mark.
Application and Admit Card:
The forms for OJEE 2017 exams will be filled and submitted online only. The application form is different for each course so the candidate needs to be careful while filling the form. The registration for OJEE 2017 has started and the forms can be submitted until 10th March 2017. Once the student visits the official website to fill the examination form, they must have a valid email id and password for further communication. While registering, the student is asked to select the course and fill personal and academic details. Once the candidate starts filling the form, they can note down the application number or registration number and create a password to complete the form any time and submit the details post verification. For the next step the candidates should upload scanned signature and a recent passport size photograph. The name of the candidate should be mentioned on the photograph and the signature should be done by blue or black ball point pen on white sheet of paper. For the last step payment needs to be done. This can be done both online or offline. The candidate can pay the fees through debit or credit card online or they can pay the fees through challan. The application fee is different for different types of forms and we have made a list for you.
Application form for Diploma candidates B.Tech/B.Pharm is Rs1000.
Application form for BHMS&BAMS, Pharmacy is Rs1000.
Application for graduate course in MBA, MCA, Integrated MBA, M.Tech, M.Pharmacy, M.Plan, M.Arc, M.Tech is Rs 1000.
Application form for combination courses like MBA and MCA, MBA and LE-MCA, MBA and PGAT is Rs 1500.
Once the payment is done the candidates can take a print out of the complete application form for future reference or help during downloading Admit Card. Candidates appearing for OJEE 2017 must print their Admit Card and take it with them to the examination center, as it is mandatory for entry. The OJEE Admit Card is issued and updated on the official site and Registration Number and Password is required to download it. The Admit Card has information about the examination center date and time. The Admit Card for OJEE 2017 will be available online on 30th April 2017.
Result and Counselling:
The result of OJEE 2017 exam will be declared on 7th June 2017. The candidates can check their results on the official website by entering their registration number and password. Separate merit list is prepared by the examination authority for different courses. The rank card can be downloaded through the website itself. College allotment and admission in college is confirmed only after counselling. Candidates must register themselves for counselling and pay a non- refundable fee of Rs450/- The seat allotment is done on merit basis and on the choice filled by them.